Soviet/Russian Gear

Show off your new swap / purchase.
will45

Soviet/Russian Gear

Post by will45 »

Hello all,
As per the tread title, I thought I'd post all my future Soviet acquisitions in this one thread.

Recently I've rounded out the uniform collection a bit, but probably not interesting enough for photographs. Picked up a sand coloured Soviet Afghan War ground tech set, plus the same in the two piece pilot summer suit, also in the sand colour. Next was both the current issue ground tech uniforms (shorts,T shirt and long trousers, long sleeved tunic) as worn by the Russians in Syria. Tracking down the current pilot suit worn in Syria will be a bit harder.

A recent acquisition I couldn't resist is this new old stock ZSh-3 (sans suffix) with carry case, passport, helmet cover and visor cover. Dated 1965, it's sat in the back of a warehouse for 55 years. I'm fairly sure 1965 was the last year of the ZSh-3 before being replaced by the ZSh-3M. It still smells new as it's hardly ever been out of the box. It was posted recently on the Flyingclothing group as well.

Cheers, Willie.
Attachments
1.JPG
2.JPG
С уважением,
Уилл45
will45

Re: Soviet/Russian Gear

Post by will45 »

Also received today 2x late model O2 masks. KM-16N dated 2014; only difference from older models is the black coloured hose. Next is KM-32 dated 2015. Differences from standard older models is the black O2 hose and a return to the very early model theme of green face piece and black expiry valve housing. Both came with laryngphones and spare helmet comm plugs and leads.

I've also seen late model KM-32 masks used in training regiments with black facepiece and the black expiry valve housing.
Attachments
A.jpg
B.jpg
С уважением,
Уилл45
will45

Post by will45 »

New addition to the wheel collection - 2x An-12 main gear wheels. They still have full pressure in them and should restore nicely.
Attachments
-12wheels.jpg
С уважением,
Уилл45
will45

Post by will45 »

Arrived yesterday - Georgiy Mosolov's VKK-4 partial pressure suit.
Attachments
Mosolov G.K. VKK-1.jpg
С уважением,
Уилл45
will45

Post by will45 »

New addition to the Antonov collection - an R-861 HF emergency radio. This is the type carried onboard aircraft like the An-12, Il-76 etc.. Can be used on land or set up in a dinghy. It's a heavy bit of gear, the whole kit weighs 15 kg..
Attachments
R-861.jpg
С уважением,
Уилл45
deanw

Post by deanw »

Great stuff Willie, you'd need a heavy transport to lug all that gear around. :D

I'm still on the lookout for a reasonable priced ZSh-3M helmet. I'd have thought there'd be plenty of them around, but they're more expensive than the ZSh-5. Then, of course, postage and it's just gets out of hand.
How come every time my ship comes in I'm at the airport?

http://www.SAairforce.co.za
will45

Post by will45 »

I can remember ten years ago buying ZSh-3M helmets for $25, although they were fairly beaten up examples.

Here's a photo from the web of the R-861 HF group radio kit stowed. From memory it's in a An-12. It would be down the rear end somewhere by the look of the fuselage section.
Attachments
original.jpg
С уважением,
Уилл45

Return to “New acquisitions”